Sunday, January 15, 2012

The Veggie Challenge

Happy New Year! I'm back on the blogging grid again. So, one of the things that I'm trying to do is figure out how to get more veggies in. Christmas Eve and Christmas Day meals prepped by both my sister-in-law(s?) incorporated many new vegetables that I've never tried, but really liked. So, that was my inspiration. I've got in my kitchen right now:
  • an acorn squash,
  • a bunch of leeks,
  • a baby bok choi,
  • a spaghetti squash,
  • a bunch of swiss chard,
  • a bag of dry black beans, and
  • an eggplant
The challenge for myself is to figure out a new way to cook each one of these vegetables and make it something I'll enjoy cooking. The best part about this challenge is that all of these ingredients are going to get gnarly if I don't cook/eat them, so the added pressure of not burning up my cash is great. I'm interested in seeing where this goes. First up... black beans.

No comments:

Post a Comment