Friday, December 31, 2010

Not so simple start: Chocolate Chip Cookies


Don't laugh. I bought a bag of chocolate chip cookie mix and thought it would be easy. Instructions read: Prep time 7 minutes. Bake time 10 minutes. I'm still embarrassed by how long it actually took and I'll leave it at that.

I prepped the the egg and butter mixture and it looked so weird that I tried it with a different egg and a different stick of butter with the same result. Also discovered my weak upper-body strength when it came to thoroughly mixing dough.

Lesson learned: some things just aren't going to look the way you think they should, just trust that it will all work out in the end.

In the end, I accomplished the task at hand (see beautiful photos to the right) and the cookies will be wrapped and delivered to the guys at Merchant Auto who told me that they didn't want to take my money and that my car really needed to go to the dealer. Cookies will also go to the service department at Koons Ford for fixing the heat in my car as the temperatures continue to fall.

Lesson learned: it's fun to make stuff for other people and give it away. (Or maybe it's just me, I love gifts - send me a text if you'd like my current address).



No comments:

Post a Comment