Sunday, October 9, 2011

Real Time

I'm so disappointed in this blog because I don't have any real time to cook. As much as I would like to, it just ain't happening. My friend, Nick, cooked dinner for me last night - as in, prepared a meal. I was so impressed by his ability to ask me weeks prior what I would be interested in eating and then have it materialize into a meal. I think I said something like... I'll eat chicken, pasta - nothing raw- and because it's Fall, maybe something with pumpkin.

This is what he came up with: Chicken Piccata with capers, beets with goat cheese, and mashed butternut squash infused with baked apples & pears. Carrot cake for dessert. *Seriously?* Yes. Seriously.

I bemoaned my inability to really cook anything - forget plan a menu. As we spoke, however, he encouraged me by giving me perspective on my ability to combine easy foods (and Trader Joe's prepared foods). I'm a modern cook. Quick, easy and healthy... this is what I'm working towards. So, in the future... I'll be sharing the quick meal components that are working for me. I've lost the battery charger for my camera... so until that appears... sadly, I'll have no photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment